Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Smile, you're unemployed!

I felt compelled to post a rebuttal after Juice's masked cheapshot about my tendency to make shitty transactions in fantasy football (which is actually true for the most part). However, I should be remembered for making one of the most legendary transactions in the history of fantasy football. A move that required massive cahones. A move that would take thick skin to absorb all the unwarrantd criticism from many a Wisconsinite. It happened with the release of a certain #2 OVERALL pick. After missing a few weeks with a cracked foot (or some shit like that) and returning to the lineup I observed that S.A. looked like he was hitting the hole at about the same speed as Matt Hassleback would be. So, I cut the cord and picked up a rookie with 2 first names and a last name in the middle - Maurice Jones Drew. As you all know, these two careers have headed in polar opposite directions since that time. Despite the constant bitching and whining of a certain blogger's brother, I insist this remains one of the greatest proactive moves in all of fantasy football.

2 comments:

Bear said...

I got tom brady from you cutting Mr Alexander, so I'd say I benefited more from your drop, thanks!

Seymour said...

I didn't think that you would keep brady bear you sneaky bastard... I would also like to point out how crippling of a move it was for me... I think B-Mac lost by 2 in the championship game last year... I think I made the most overlooked trade of last year when i flipped Smith for Addai before the draft... I also ended up with 5 of the top 15 WR