Tuesday, April 7, 2009

You Fucking Bet!!!!!!!!!!


I went to great lengths to avoid anything and anyone that could possibly reveal the outcome of this wonderful championship game due to the fact I was working and did not want to listen to this game on the radio. At tip off I shut off my phone. My DVR went to work. About 30 seconds before I'm going to leave for home a 3rd shifter walks in and says "NC whooped some ass tonight, huh?" FUCK HIM. FUCK HIM RIGHT IN THE BUTT.


Anyways, this is the 3rd greatest day in my sports life, behind the Tar Heel championship in '93 and the Tar Heel championship in '05. It's such a great feeling when you're favorite sports team wins a championship.

I strongly stand by my statement from early in the college basketball season where I said we may be looking at one of the greatest college basketball teams of all time. I'd like someone to argue against it. Simply by looking at the team it's a simple conclusion. They had the best starting five in the country. In that starting five are the reigning national player of the year (Psycho T) and the recently annointed ACC Player of the Year and Bob Cousy Award winner (Ty Lawson).


But the nail in the coffin of this argument is the dominance in the NCAA Tournament. Their average margin of victory was the most all time. All games won by at least 12 points. I thoroughly enjoyed it. And their defense was excellent, so go fuck yourselves all you homos who rag on the ACC defense.


The Heels could be the hands down favorites next year too, but unlikely due to departures to the NBA. They lose Tyler Hansbrough and Danny Green to graduation. Lawson and Ellington both tested the NBA waters last year and decided to come back. I'm guessing they're both gone this time. They have a very good soon to be sophomore class and (of course) a great recruiting class. Next year will be mildly successful. I would say maybe a 4 or 5 seed.


I would just like to point out that I bitch slapped Juice's #1 seeded team in our fantasy basketball league. Thanks for playing Juice.

8 comments:

Juicelaw said...

You are fucking retarded if you think they are "one of the greatest teams of all time". I guess you could say they are one of the top 100 or whatever because they won the national title. But seriously. I'm not even going to comment on how wrong it is that some team you decided to like when you were 13 because of thier pretty colors winning a national championship is one of the greatest sports days of your life. I will comment on the fact that they will be losing like 10 out of 12 guys on thier roster, so they will not win shit next year. I will admit that they were very fucking good in the tournament. That was the worst title game I've ever seen. It was over in like 10 minutes. David West averaged like 35 and 20 last week.

Ricky said...

You are a homo.

Seymour said...

at least it wasn't Duke....

Juicelaw said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Sports Bottle said...

Awww, Juice, just suck it up. Do you take it personal that I like Tar Heel basketball more than I like the Packers, or the Brewers? Does that matter to you? They were the first sports team I rooted for, and it was long before I was 13.

You're just upset b/c the Badgers have so many white guys, with more white guys on the way.

Schmock40 said...

Hey Dan. Did you know UNC had 3 WHITE guys on the court at the same time against Villanova? They are slowly turning into Duke. I fucking hate Suppan! Go Brewers!

The Sports Bottle said...

I think I understood after your third text informing me of that fact.

Schmock40 said...

Hey Dan did you know UNC had..........I got nothing! Did I mention I fucking hate Suppan?