Saturday, April 11, 2009

Semi-Daily Brew Crew Hangover #3

Spectacular win. Nice-ish pitching by Looper, great clutchiness at the end by (who else) Weeks. My question is, why did the Cubs infielder not go for the double play? Bruan is fast, but not that fast. I think he may have gotten him. Whatever, I will take it. Soriano fucked that game up royally, and I love every minute of it. Hope to catch the whole thing tonight, if I can actually get out of work before then (last Saturday of work!) One of my dickhead bosses went to opening day yesterday, and rubbed in my face as he left at noon. I'm wearing my Braun jersey as we speak, hoping to spur the Crew onto another big one. And Weeks will only need 150 more of those this year to make up for being shitty the last three.

PACKER NEWS:

I saw Ruvell Martin at a restaurant last night. He was wearing a white athletic/windreakery suit thing (ala Sopranos). It was him and like 5 chicks. There might have been another dude. I didn't get a real good look at the chicks because I didn't want to be one of those guys and stare.

At this same dinner, I was talking to my old man and telling him about Richard coming up for the draft party in two weeks. He laughed at me. He said "So you're one of those guys?" I tried to explain that I wasn't, and that I was just going to get drunk....But I guess I sort of am one of those guys. I won't wear a cheesehead or bring a draft board along with me. And I will get drunk.

3 comments:

Ricky said...

Hmmmm..... One of those guys??? Not sure what that means, but all I know is that it is a blast and I am excited! Yes, we will be drunk.

The Sports Bottle said...

Shouldn't one of your tags be "adults wearing the uniforms of other adults"?

Juicelaw said...

you are right.