Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Published on ESPN.com

While I was dicking around waiting for an appointment, I came across a Paul Shirley chat on ESPN.com. He is a pretty clever dude, who wrote a pretty good book. He was a tall white dude on that Iowa St. team that lost to Hampton and cost me a bunch of money in my bracket my sophomore year in college. Anyway, for some odd reason I sent in a couple of questions, which is almost always useless. Well, I guess there were like 4 people on the chat because I got TWO answered:

Juice, Green Bay, WI: I read in the Green Bay Press-Gazette the other day that your brother is considering UWGB for hoops. I think you should encourage it. You should note that the article mentioned you: His brother Paul played at Iowa State, and briefly in the NBA. No mention of you being an accomplished author. I always hated that paper. Paul Shirley: (4:37 PM ET ) Apparently, they're still trying to decide whether they want him. Take care of him if he ends up there.

Juice, Green Bay, WI: Def Leppard, Outagamie County Fair, no question needed. Paul Shirley: (4:55 PM ET ) I got to see Def Leppard in Topeka when I was home from college for the summer. They were well past their prime, but completely worth the price of entry.

Moral of the story is that I'm fucking famous now. For the record, the chat was about indie music for some reason, and the Def Leppard thing was in reference to "first concert and location".

1 comment:

gotwinkies said...

this blog has reached an all-time low.