Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Juice is Famous?

I'm gonna agree with Twinkie about this site reaching a new low and do my best to bring us out of the cellar.

Does anyone on here care about the NHL Playoffs (Twinkie, the North Stars are no longer in Minnesota)? In my opinion it's the best postseason in pro sports (baseball is a close second). I grow nostalgic and think back to those 5 OT games we used to watch in college. Early morning class the next day, trying to fall asleep in those heavenly beds in the dorms, but not willing to turn off the game at 1am in the middle of the 5th OT. I love that they don't use the shootout in the playoffs. I placed a Vegas bet on the Blackhawks a few months ago. I can name Khabibulin and no one else. I'm a huge Blackhawks fan.

I'm getting used to the awful Brewers pitching staff. Manny Parra is an enigma to me. I still think he's gonna be very good. He definitely has the stuff - mid 90s fastball, good off speed. But he's missing something, probably intelligence and experience. If you gave Jamie Moyer Parra's stuff, he'd be unhittable. I'm on the verge of lowering my overall wins prediction.

Braun appeared to bust out, finally. But, seriously, Ricky would smack that 83 mph fastball around the yard. The one thing I notice about the Brewers is they swing and miss at a lot of mistakes. They miss lots of hanging curves. Prince Fielder and Ryan Braun swing and miss more than any players I've ever seen.

Is it just me, or does it always seem like Bill Hall is late b/c of his batting stance. It just never seems he's gonna be able to get around on the ball.

What good will Trevor Hoffman do if we can't get to him in the 9th anyways? And, keep in mind, he's 64 years old with a Moyer like fastball.

I'm intrigued by the Pedro Martinez talk. Not because he would help us. I'm just simply intrigued.

Percy Harvin tested positive for ganja. There must be some level of stupidity that I'm too stupid to understand.

I won the NBA fantasy league. Just thought I'd point that out.

I beat Juice's #1 seeded team to get to the finals, just for the record.

Robin Yount will never win any acting awards.

2 comments:

Juicelaw said...

I must be too stupid to understand a few of your random comments...

What I do agree with is the fact that those ridiculous OT games are some of my favorite random college memories. Problem now is a) even fucking finding a game on TV, b) staying awake long enough to watch it.

The Sports Bottle said...

Do you need me to clarify my victory over you in the semifinals?