Wednesday, March 4, 2009

A Couple Sports Illustrated Preview/Reviews

Sorry guys. I figure you'd be more turned on by the Cole Hamels cover, but I went with this one instead.

While I casually perused the swimsuit edition I was a little saddened by the lack of Marissa Miller, although she appears in an ad. My new favorite is Lucia Dvorska. Beware of the last name, married guys.

All in all, your typical swimsuit edition. I hear Andy Roddick is with Brooklyn Decker. Lucky man.

NBA Players Poll - With the game on the line, which NBA player would you want to take the last shot? Pretty obvious answer. #1 got 76%.

Does anyone else wanna punch Lane Kiffin? What a pompous ass he is.

Nascar preview!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am a fan of nascar, but not diehard. I have $20 on Tony Stewart to win the championship. "Pussy, money and race cars. That's pretty much all I care about." Very endearing.

Tiger Woods on another cover. I want his life.

NBA Players Poll - Who is the worst dribbler in the NBA? Two guys received double digit %.

Lance Armstrong is back. My g/f thinks he's hot. So does Juice.

Tiger has a border collie. Gotta love the borders. I have one of my own.

Did Rajon Rondo like the Marbury signing?

Did Mo Williams like being traded to the Cavs?

Jason Giambi - created the template for handling being caught using whatever he used. He never actually said what he used, but he apologized for it and he basically escaped a lot of the scrutiny he would've gotten had he handled it like ARod.

Stafford WANTS to play for the Lions, and it's not about the money. In the words of Jim Rome, when an athlete says it's not about the money, it's about the money.

Cole Hamels graces the cover of an SI. He's living the life right now. The ace of the World Series champs, in his early 20's with a hot wife.

Nate Robinson has hops. Speaking of hops, I used to be able to dunk. That's right. A 5'11" white guy. Don't doubt the skills. Now I wonder if I could touch the rim. Maybe.

NBA Players Poll - Who's the most annoying defensive player? Pretty obvious.

Tangent of the week - why do people care when all-time great athletes play past their prime (i.e. He Who Shall Not Be Named, Jerry Rice, Michael Jordan)? It's not anyone's business what these guys to with their lives. If they love the sport and have fun doing it then why wouldn't they do it? Legacies are not tarnished. They still made a shitload of cash and played a sport many people only dream of playing. Back the fuck off.

Damn, the Big East is rough.

SI gives the ACC it's props. The ACC is the 2nd toughest conference. Bite me Juice.

Random thoughts -

The Bucks took a huge dump last night. I was working. They were up 8 with maybe 5 minutes left. I got out of the car and went into a gas station. I came out a couple minutes later and they had given up four 3's in a row and were down 1. That was a huge HUGE loss.

I've received a "that's fine" from the g/f to attend the online baseball draft on the 15th. I feel like I'm walking through a minefield with clown shoes on.

#1 seeds - UCONN, Pitt, Oklahoma, UNC

I hate to say it b/c it means I was wrong a few weeks ago, but the Badgers are in the tourney.

The best couple weeks of the year are almost upon us. This is the time of year I miss high school. The start of the baseball season, the NCAA tourney, warm weather... Always good times.

My high school alumni basketball tournament is in a couple weeks. I haven't played basketball since this tournament 2 years ago. I will be 100% winded after about 4 times up and down the court. No exaggeration. My entire body will be sore the next day. I workout about 10-15 times a month, but I rarely do cardio. And doing cardio at a gym will not get anyone is basketball shape anyways.

Cory Hart is going to have a big year. I have a gut feeling.

A previous post said some random Twins outfielder could break Rickey Henderson's stolen base record. At least I think that's what he was referring to. No one will break that record. He had 130 stolen bases in one year. That would be two great years nowadays. He had over a hundred other years as well. Besides, he played forever. You are on crack, and you know who you are.

ESPN has Mat Gamel as the top 3rd base rookie.

2 comments:

Juicelaw said...

Gamel might get cut at some point. He keeps getting hurt and then waiting until like two weeks later to say anything. He had a chance to start the season at third and fucked it up.

"Ricky Henderson will come back to break Ricky Henderson's old record, if anyone tries to break Ricky Henderson's record"--Ricky Henderson.

gotwinkies said...

Kobe is most clutch shooter. I have no idea who is a terrible dribbler. Shaq?

I was talking about Henderson's record for leadoff homers, because obviously Gomez has alot of power by hitting 2 homers (or whatever) as a rookie.

Fuck you guys. He's fast.