Saturday, March 21, 2009

I Want My Trophy Back

Wow. Holy Fucking Shit. What a game. And I say what a game because I mentally blocked out the first 25 minutes of the game, and pretend it wasn't the worst first half and a quarter of basketball I've ever seen played by people over the age of 12, with penises (I assume). But anyway, that shot that Bohannon had at the end of regulation was the clutchest of clutch, and Hughes then apparently forgot what a choker he has been all year, and thought he was in Austin, Texas last November or something. It looked like they might lose by 30 at one point. The strange thing is that it didn't seem like an upset. I know seedings dictate that it was, but if that game had been played in that fake ass ACC/Big 11 challenge, I would have thought the Badgers should win. Beating Xavier won't seem like an upset either, although that is far from a sure thing. But if we get to the Sweet 16? I gotta say the season is a success, no matter how frustrating.

The excitement was augmented by the Siena-Ohio St. game happening at the same time, and us getting cut ins every four seconds. CBS did their jobs perfectly. That game was actually more exciting that the Badger game to be honest, and even though the seeds were closer, it felt like more of an upset. Especially since 8 seeded Ohio St. basically got a fucking HOME game.

Oh, and by the way, Sports Bottle (and I know you are going to tell me I'm stupid), I want my fucking ACC/Big 11 trophy back. All this bullshit of counting regular season games, and declaring the ACC better is fucking stupid. I've got a scoreboard call for you: BIG TEN 2, ACC zilch. Oh, and BOTH ACC teams were the higher seeds, and BOTH fucked my bracket in the ass (especially goddamn Clemson whom I blacked out and picked in the elite 8 for some reason). And seriously, Cleveland State? Fucking ACC.

OTHER THOUGHTS:

-Gus Johnson's head would've exploded if he had been calling either UW or Siena last night. Raftery's "ONIONS! GARDEN VARIETY!" was pretty good too.

-My bracket may be the worst I've ever picked. Already down FIVE Sweet 16 and two elite 8.

-This tournament is ruining my life. Two days in a row now I've gotten 6 or less hours of sleep because of basketball and then having to get up for work.

-What is going on with the floors at the sites? Some have the generic blue and black, and then some were apparently exempted (Miami, Dayton, I think there were a few others). Is there some kind of rule about how old a floor could be or something? I was hoping to see that multi colored blue/orange/white floor in Boise.

-Fuck Marquette.

No comments: