Thursday, March 19, 2009

Always Whining

Come on now, are you serious Badger fan (i.e. Juice)? You would complain about whatever seed the Badgers got no matter what. They didn't even win 20 games, so stop whining. They got in, be happy with that. And one could make the argument they don't deserve to get in, especially since Penn St didnt' get in. But I'm not making that argument.
The Badgers have a really tough first round game. FSU is much more athletic. Juice, you have no logic behind your "no defense in the ACC" mindset. I'm not saying they play the type of physical D that the Big Ten plays but the D isn't bad. Just think for a second. When you're UNC or Wake and you like to run, of course you're gonna give up more points. It's as simple as saying more possessions equals more points. Also, better basketball players equals more points. That being said, I picked the Badgers to win.
I would be going into this tourney with a lot of optimism but not this year due to the fact the most important player on my favorite team is injured. Not having Ty Lawson is a really bad thing for my Heels. I'd say he's the most important player on any team. I hope they sit him out the first two games and hopefully they can win their 2nd round game. He should be healthy by next week's games.
My computer assisted fantasy draft was fucking ridiculous. My team would look nothing like that team. I'm so fucking irritated just thinking about it. My pitching is horrible. I didn't take a pitcher until round 7 and that was Mariano Rivera. My first starter was Aaron Harang in round 13. I took 3 relievers before him. Fucking ridiculous. I took Nelson Cruz before I took a starting pitcher. Jesus Christ.
I fucking love these next two days. The opening round is the best. As I write this I'm splitting the screen with the March Madness on Demand - the greatest idea ever. The 1 seeds are dominating. Memphis had a little scare.
To Juice and Ricky, I got the g/f to join the 'nice shoes!!!!!' phenomena! And, believe me, there were some very nice pairs of shoes on the beach in the DR.

6 comments:

The Sports Bottle said...

Once again the post is not showing the space I put between my paragraphs. That's annoying me and I'm sick of going into the HTML version and changing the codes for the spaces.

Juicelaw said...

You are retarded I think. I first thought you were just stupid until you added the space thing to the rest of the post. Now I'm convinced. I take it you are back on the mainland. Congrats on that. Congrats also on UNC juuuust squeaking by today. Watching at work blows.

The Sports Bottle said...

I can put 1000 spaces between my paragraphs and it will still show up with no spaces. Explain to me why that is. And then I can do the exact same thing the next time I do a post and the spaces show up.

Ricky said...

Hey... Nice shoes!

Juicelaw said...

/dog dragging his balls down the beach.

/us getting herpes from our hotel.

Schmock40 said...

The Badgers beat Penn St. twice and also had a better RPI and SOS. I know you weren't making that argument, but if you were it wasn't a good one.

That being said, I didn't even pick the Badgers to win. I think Florida St. is going to make it into the sweet 16.