Saturday, March 7, 2009

Rise and FIIIIIRRRRRE!!!

For those who didn't see this yet, this is ridiculous. And for those who watched the "video" above and still didn't see it, because it is the worst quality video ever to hit the internet since Paris Hilton, I will describe it to you. The above scene comes after Creighton just got finished blowing a 22 point second half lead, and fell behind on a three with 7 seconds left, which was followed by a missed shot that was tipped out of bounds with 1.9 seconds left. What you see is Valley player of the year Booker Motherfuckin' Woodfox hitting the ugliest looking jumpshot on the planet. What you might not realize is that this is what his jumper always looks like, and he shoots 51% from beyond the arc. His shot is a mix between Shawn Marion and Bill Cartwright. On his free throws he lines up with his heels at the three point line, crouches down as far as he can, throws the ball towards the free throw line, takes one giant crouched step, catches, stands up straight legged, and hits about 80% from the line. And he's got a small flat top. And I found video!
I'm sort of in love with him. Not pictured: P'Allen Stinnett dunking with his off hand behind his head.

Of course, all I could muster was a silent Tiger Woods-like fist pump because I was watching ESPN's scoreboard update every thirty seconds because I'm a) too lazy to go to a bar to try to find the game, b) too cheap to upgrade my dish, c) too cheap to buy it on the internets.

I was pretty sure we were playing Bradley this afternoon, but I guess we are playing Illinois St. Whatever, I think we are in. We weren't even one of the "last four out" according to Joe Lunardi (whom isn't that great at what he does, but I'm too lazy for any other research while I should be "working").

No comments: