Sunday, March 8, 2009

Trail of Tears

So last night, I decided to hop in the car to try to watch a live, televised sodomization of a bird (and not one with a red color). Only, I couldn't find a bar in Green Bay with the satellite capabilities. Jesus. Fucking. Christ. Its not like the game was being shot on a fucking handheld and being shown on the campus access station. It was on fucking FSN Midwest. ALL cable/satellite systems can get it for about an additional $50 a month. But the three largest sports bars in Green Bay didn't have it. You cheap fucks. I've about had it with this shit. I am going to open a fucking bar, and have ACTUAL fucking satellite systems to watch SPORTING EVENTS. Fucking assholes.

-It turns out it was for the best. But still.

-So I guess the eleven games in a row the Jays won don't mean anything since they had one bad game, because now it is a forgone conclusion that they are out. At the very least it is going to be a long day Sunday. But in my worthless, biased opinion, they should be in.

-My brother is going to be crushed by the news that Matty Wise is retiring.

-Bought MLB '09: The Show yesterday. And I can't hit a curveball, or a changeup, or a fastball for that matter. Lets just say I've got a few kinks to work out. I've never played the game before so everything is taking some getting used to.

The Road to the Show mode is fucking rad. Somehow I made myself a pitcher, and in my mind I'm a huge black dude with blonde hair. I got drafted by the Nationals, and am pitching my way through Spring Training. You pitch games, and have to complete goals like "get a ground ball out" or "don't let this run score". The more points you get, the better your attributes get.

The best part of the game is how real the players are, my wife actually asked me if the Brewers were on last night when she walked into the room. The players mannerisms are so dead on it is scary. Like when Braun goes up to the plate, and does his thing with his batting gloves and takes his deep breath. Or Fatty Tumor, shrugging his shoulders to get the jersey out of his fat rolls.

No comments: