Wednesday, March 4, 2009

I Guess I Should Post Something

- The NFL free agent situation as it pertains to the Green Bay Packers is getting a bit awkward for me. While all of the other teams are seemingly blowing every nickel they can find, the Packers have had exactly ONE player even come to Green Bay for a visit. Two guys are already off the board that I thought the Packers might be interested in making a run at. And from everything I've read, the Packers didn't even talk to the guys (Haynesworth and Canty). To be fair, I think both guys probably got overpaid, and I don't think the Packers should overpay guys. But their "system" seems to be to wait until anyone I've heard of has been signed by someone else, so they don't have to spend any money. Now, maybe Ted Thompson is some kind of mad scientist genius who has a Moneyball-esque system to evaluate talent. But if that is the case, it hasn't really paid off yet. I am still giving Thompson my trust (prepare for a 10,000 word rebuttal from Richard), but the whole thing is getting a little tiresome. Obviously, we were lacking in talent at alot of places on defense (see d-line), and we switched to a system we probably don't have pieces for, so I would at least like to see a little effort here.

-Shout out to jsonline.com's excellent Free Agent/Packer blog.

-Why all the talk of the Vikings being interested in Jay Cutler? They are already the overwhelming favorites because of the Sage Rosenfels trade. The Vikings can only play one QB, right? Oh wait, Sage Rosenfels fucking sucks.

-Braden Looper is the the DL because he pulled a muscle sneezing. Gagne pulled one trying to shoot himself up. Fielder pulled one walking to first base. Weeks pulled one swinging and missing. Might as well start this train up early.

-March Madness is on-ish. Arch Madness starts tomorrow, and I'm getting the feeling that a win or two by CU will get them an at-large. You might remember about a month ago when I said if they won out, they would get an at-large. Well, they proceeded to win ten straight. Also, I think Bucky is safe, and I think the World Baseball Classic might be a distraction to work for a few weeks.

-Leinie's Classic Amber? Meh. Tastes an awful lot like La Crosse Lager, although I don't believe it is fully krausened. (Ed. note: I have to point out that in the spell check "krausened" came up as "kerosene". I don't think this is a coincidence).

-I've already lost a pound on my diet.

-Work sucks my dick.

13 comments:

Ricky said...

I completely agree with you Juice. The only difference being I trust that arrogant, pompous, asshole about as far as I can throw him. If Mark Murphy and the board of directors did not report to TT, this year would be his last chance. I say if the Pack does not go 10-6 or better, he should be gone. Since he will not fire himself that will not happen. Get off your ass TT and take an f'ing chance. If Ron Wolf did not take a chance on some big free agents (White, Jones, Jackson to name a few), and trade a 1st round pick for Brett Lorenzo Favre, we never win the Super Bowl in 96.

The Sports Bottle said...

That was not the 10,000 word rebuttal I was looking for. Ricky, you need to re-group, and get to it.

Juice, here's my can't fail diet. Fresh vegetables and dill dip. Lean Cuisine/Smart Choice tv dinners. Slim Fast. Don't eat til you get full. Believe, it works. I was up to 185 lbs at one point. Now I'm back down to my svelt playing weight of 175. By following that diet I lost the weight and now I eat half healthy and half shitty and I'm not putting any weight back on.

Schmock40 said...

Eating healthy and working out is the best way to lose wait. Remember that losing wait and living a healthy life is not a race but a marathon. None of this will happen unless you believe it will.

Schmock40 said...

I also got up to 199 lbs in college.

Ricky said...

I don't even know you guys anymore. Should we start a new blog for dieting, relationship, and life advice?

Ricky said...

Juice, dieting is a tough thing, but you have to be strong buddy. It is not easy, but I know that you can do it. Eat egg whites and slim fast for 6 years. I have so much faith in you.

Oh my god, I just threw up in my mouth. Drink vodka/cranberrys and eat pizza.

Juicelaw said...

Richard is allergic to anything green. Although you did start drinking Captain and DIETS, so I guess you are watching your figure too.

My high weight was about a month ago....219. I'm at 214 now. Hoping to get under 2 bills. I was 181 entering college.

The key to a long, happy relationship is communication.

Juicelaw said...

I concur on items two and three.

Did you eat slim fast for entire meals? I just can't see not being starved.

Juicelaw said...

I meant one and three.

Schmock40 said...

I was a fat ass considering I weigh about 175 lbs now.

I also like slim fast, but I don't ever buy the product. The shit is not cheap.

The Sports Bottle said...

I would drink Slim Fast before work. It was pretty much a snack. And, no, it is not cheap.

gotwinkies said...

The key to a succesful diet is to have a massive internal bleed from unknown causes. Then, the doctor will hook you up with one of those sweet bags that is hanging directly to your large intestine. It will catch all your bile. You have no appetite and everything you eat makes you either shit your pants or throw up. Trust me, I got down to 130 on the massive bleed diet. It works.

Now I am a plump 199. I can still grab the rim and dunk (almost) though.

Bear said...

avocado's are delicious