Friday, March 6, 2009

Conspiracy Theories!

I wasn't going to type anything today because I wanted to see how long we could keep our riveting Slim Fast discussion going. Today in the comment section, I think we should concentrate on really listening to our partners, and tips for doing so....

But seriously, I came into "work early" this morning, which for me means to waste as much time as I can before doing any actual work, and then making it completely pointless to come in early, since I didn't get anything done anyway. And I hear a pretty good rumor, and am starting one too. Because I love me some conspiracies.

Conspiracy #1: This has started to wane a little since A-Rod is going to attempt to play through his injury, but I heard this yesterday: That baseball a) doesn't want A-Rod to really admit anything wrong, b) doesn't want to embarrass their biggest star with a publicized suspension, c) wants to punish him for fucking up. So they make up an injury that is invisible to the naked eye, and that is coincidentally going to keep him out about 10 weeks, which according to my calculations, would be around mid-May, and right around 50 games, which coincidentally, is exactly the suspension for a first time offense under the steroid policy. I heard this on local sports radio the other day, so I can't take credit.

Conspiracy #2: I'm making this up. ESPN last night was tossing around all the third basemen the Yankees would look to get if A-Rod was out awhile. Bobby Crosby, Mark Tehean, and some other losers came up. But you know who didn't come up, but SHOULD have? How about Billy Hall? Wouldn't THIS be a fucking blessing? Not only are you shedding an enormous (for the Brewers) salary on a below average player, but you'll get something probably pretty good in return, AND it gives you an excuse to bring up your choice of Matt Gamel or Alcides Escobar. Believe me, Billy is VERY available. CALL ME BRIAN CASHMAN!!

-Arch Madness tonight: CU v. Wichita at 6 p.m.

-Video Game news: I think I'm going to use the 45 seconds of personal time I have between now and April 15th to buy MLB '09: The Show. Reportedly the best baseball game ever.

No comments: