Sunday, May 11, 2008

Weekend reflection

I've been slacking as of late in keeping up with this blog. The only real sports news going on right now is Brewers stuff and I never feel the need to regurgitate the same stuff being said by Juice or other sports writers out there. We looked ok this weekend, we got two wins and Sheets lost, so that's somewhat comforting. It's probably about time we addressed the Gagne issue. I've been in his corner up until the last week or so, the main reason is because regardless of what everyone thinks or says about a closer, it takes a special player to get it done and I don't think we have anyone of that caliber in our bullpen right now. That being said, the best situation with Gagne unable to get it done is what we are doing right now, closer by committee, maybe someone steps up in the next few weeks, probably not though.

It was good to see Braun get some hits, however it's a little dis-heartening that he's not getting them in clutch situations. I just hope that he doesn't turn into Carlos Lee Jr. Mr I can hit over 30 dingers in a year but not top 100 RBI's. He should be fine, it's just always been a concern for me since that stupid fat fucker was hanging around.


P.S. I'm totally fine with us trading away our current fat fucker for as much as we can get for him while his stock is still high. This is my first post announcing my hate for Prince Fielder...

No comments: