Monday, May 26, 2008

Things You Should Pay Somone Else To Do


- The wife and I spent 14 hours on Friday and Saturday landscaping around our house. We only almost got divorced once. If I had known then, what I know now, I can guarantee you I would have found a way to pay someone else to do it. Two days later, I am having a hell of a time typing because my hands hurt so bad from hand digging the trench around my house to put in the edging. I also realize that they have tools that one could have used to do this, but I was trying to do it as cheaply as possible. I'm just sayin' pay someone.


- The Brewers may want to pay someone to manage their baseball team as well. I hypothesized before they left for Pittsburgh that if they didn't win at least 4 games on the roadie, Neddy should be toast. Today seems to be the big day. Seven games against perennial bottom-feeders. If you are supposed to be a playoff contender, you should be able to win 4 of 7, if you are playing on the fucking moon. The inconsistencies haven't been fixed. The ginger appears to be our second best pitcher. Yesterday, Neddy trotted out FOUR bench players on the same day. Billy Rob Deer Hall finds himself in a platoon because he has come down with Geoff Jenkins syndrome (can't hit same handed pitching at all, destroys opposite hand pitching). The players haven't performed, people are starting to get injured. I understand all or even most of this isn't Neddy's fault, but I think the players need a) a new voice, b) to understand that there will be repercussions for playing like shit. Neddy has a leash that is way too long and he is too stubborn and defensive to get it done. Maybe they will be worse off with a new manager. Then Melvin and the players can go next. But if anyone in the organization believes this group can win now, then a change should be made soon.


-Weeks Watch (last 3 games): 2-10, BB, 5K (Season: .207/.706)


-The Rob Deer Watch is over. Platoon players aren't going to lead the team in K's


-7% chance for playoffs


- Once again, starting a new job tomorrow. I am completely unsure what their Internet policies are. My old job had none. This new job is so different from what I was doing before it is going to be like the Brewers deciding tomorrow to convert Gabe Kapler into a starting pitcher. Which at this rate might happen next week anyway.

No comments: