Tuesday, May 6, 2008

CP3 Keeps Me Up at Night

I had the rare opportunity to watch nearly two full NBA playoff games last night. Something that I usually don't have the time or inclination (mostly the latter) to do. The Magic-Pistons game was an accident, but I purposely stayed up past my bedtime to watch the Spurs-Hornets. Chris Paul is a freak. I can't even imagine how fun the Bucks would be to watch if we had him instead of Bogut right now (/smashing my head into a wall). Last night he had 30 points, 12 assists and 1 TO against one of the best defensive teams in the NBA. He generally made the Spurs look foolish. The best way I can describe his play if you haven't watched him, is that he looks like one of the point guards on the original NBA Jam when you use the turbo button and fly past the other guys on the court like they are standing still. He is absolutely playing a different game than everyone else. Really, really fun to watch.

1 comment:

Bear said...

There was a fast break where SA turned the ball over near half court and Paul got the ball on the run with Parker and possibly Duncan? ahead of him. The Duncan part doesn't matter, he deaked out Parker so hard that he had him completely turned around and facing his own basket. How the fuck? The lay in got swatted away and he got fouled, but still, Parker was backing up to his own basket, 2 on 1 FOR THE DEFENSE and Paul just turned him around and popped off a finger roll. That guy makes me want to watch the NBA, I've caught most of the week night games the hornets have played this post season.