Monday, August 31, 2009

Football for Breakfast

So that was an absolutely dominating performance by the starters on Friday night in Arizona. I can't decide if I'm more pumped about Rodgers having a fucking 151.1 passer rating through three preseason games (8TD, 0INT) or the defense flying all over the place making plays. I know better than to get overly optimistic, or depressed over fake football games. But I would much rather have the team brimming with confidence, than freaking out. I could legitimately see 10 or 11 wins out of this team, barring significant injury. There doesn't appear to be a glaring weakness anywhere. Right now on offense, the weak link might just be Ryan Grant. I was worried about the O-line, but Rodgers hasn't been touched yet. On defense, I'm not sure where the problem lies. We have about 7 LBs that could start just about anywhere in the league, the D-Line appears revitalized with Raji, and the secondary in pretty stellar. The middle of the field seems to be open against us, but the LBs have been getting after the QB, so it hasn't been truly exploited yet (except for a few times by Fitzgerald, who could have exposed the Steel Curtain). The other thing I like is that with the aggressive defense, turnovers are more likely to happen.

I like the Pack over the Bears in week 1. ESPN has been fawning over Cutler's "playmaking ability" because he did a designed roll out and completed a 4 yard pass to a wide open receiver against one of the worst defenses in the league. I guess that was just as good as throwing for 200+yds and 3TDs in a half against the defending conference champions. I also like me getting really, really drunk that night.

COLLEGE FOOTBALL

It starts Thursday already. (So does College Fantasy Football!) That is crazy. Badgers play Saturday night against Northern Illinois. I'll have a preview on Friday. The Badgers will dominate. I'm seeing 7 or 8 wins for Bucky, and a spot in the Donkey Punch Bowl (narrowly missing out on Juice's Dream D-I NCCA Football Get Together Presented by Cockring Emporium). Tebow will likely allow some sick child to walk again despite having both legs amputated.

2 comments:

Bear said...

Who is the his in "his 'playmaking ability'"? Cutler?

Juicelaw said...

Good catch Dr. Bear, PhD in English.

Actually, it was confusing since I refer to the Queens QB has He, His and Him. My bad.