Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Points of Interest (Or Not)

-Nothing big to write about today, so I'm going straight up list style.

-I sort of watched most of the Brewer game yesterday. Color me not that fucking interested. Other than that one inning, it wasn't real exciting.

-I'm far more interested in whether Tyrell Sutton is going to make the Packers, or if Desmond Bishop is going to beat out A.J. Hawk for starting MLB. Is that so wrong?

-I don't have a real good feel for either of the above questions, because I've watched both preseason games through a haze of booze.

-Friday we got invited to sit in the back yard, drink, and watch the Packers v. Cardinals. I've got no desire to ever drink again (hang over day three), but I was going to watch anyway...

-In my fantasy baseball league with the old dudes, I've basically got $75 riding on the matchup this week. 2nd place in regular season gets $75, I'm in second 2 games up, and I'm playing the third place dude.

-Madden '10 update: Packers went 13-3, lost to the Giants at home in the NFC Championship 28-23. I got dominated by their defense, but took the Pack inside the 15 with under a minute left, and proceeded to have TWO dropped TD passes (Ruvell Martin and Jordy Nelson), and two other incompletions. It was a driving snowstorm, and there were piles of snow surrounding the sidelines, which is pretty cool. I pulled a Ted Thompson and drafted a WR in round 1, even though I had one of the best receiving corps in the league. Traded away Poppinga and Harrell for cap space (because I used the space up re-signing Kampman and Jennings. Which is why they have so much space now, because Thompson isn't a fucking idiot.) To start season two, Raji (pro-bowler as a rookie) tore his pectoral and is out for the year. And I open against the Giants.

-Some bitch was riding three inches away from me all the way to work this morning. I wanted to fucking slam on the brakes and kill both of us.

-I now have 3 NFL and 1 college fantasy team. But I only care about the one that has Kevin Walter starting at WR.

-I hope to (Sports Bottle's) god that the NFL forces the Cowboys to spend $2 mil to move that scoreboard. That would be awesome.

No comments: