Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Who Ya Got?

Prince Fielder v. Guillermo Mota, the entire Los Angeles Dodgers security staff, and possibly a stray hot dog vendor. I gotta say, I'm leaning towards Prince on this one. I would be SHOCKED if someone on the Dodgers didn't get drilled tonight. Say what you want about Prince (and a certain someone on this blog has), I believe he is looked at as a leader in the locker room, and someone is willing to take a fine/suspension for him. I'm not going to lie and tell you that I stayed up until 1 a.m. to see this happen live, but with 2 outs in the ninth inning of a THIRTEEN run game, it sure looked bush league to me.

Also, that loss should count as 2, or perhaps 2.5 losses. You have your "ace" out there, and you lose by THIRTEEN RUNS. I bet there is a statistic out there that says that if you lose by 13 runs, your chances of being in the playoffs are pretty fucking slim. I'm glad it was on at 3 a.m. CST so I wasn't tempted to watch.

1 comment:

Bear said...

I've been ok with Prince this year actually. He's still a fat waste of space at first, but his hitting has been consistent, without anyone behind him to guard him like Braun, and he won the home run derby, instant fanfare.