Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Lane Kiffin: Kind of a D*ck

I don't have a problem with Lane Kiffin taking the job at USC. I don't really have a problem with him leaving after one year. You gotta do what you gotta do. People leave jobs all the time. I just feel bad for Tennessee, the fans/players/school. Now, maybe I shouldn't. You had to assume that they knew what they were getting into when they decided to hire Kiffin. They were going to get a dynamic, loud-mouthed, possible chucklehead, that was going to get you in some trouble. But who was also presumed to be a good coach, a good recruiter, and who was going to get the media to talk about Tennessee. But Kiffin has left the program "rode hard and left up wet" as us simple folk in Wisconsin like to say. He really brought nothing but negative press, and accusations. I would imagine that some type of punishment is going to come down for something he did recruiting wise in the ten minutes he was there. Alot of his recruits are probably going to transfer, and anyone he was close to signing is going to sign elsewhere. It just bugs me when coaches get to do whatever they want with no repercussions, while the players actually end up being lied to. The players will have to sit out a year if they want to go somewhere else, as they are owned by Tennessee like an iPod or something. It just kind of sucks for them. And Lane Kiffin probably doesn't give a shit. And that is why I presume he is kind of a dick.

BASKETBALL TONIGHT

UW at N'Western minus Leuer. I like the Cats in this one. Bucky always has problems in Evanston for some reason. Even though there will be like 2,000 people at the game and most of them will be wearing red.

CU at SIU. Is it possible for Creighton to lose by 30? I don't even know how good the Egyptian Dogs are. I just know that CU is terrible.

No comments: