Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Some Day, There Will Be Some Lucky Kid (Maybe)...

To the surprise of nobody, I am probably not father material. This is further evidenced by yesterday, when speaking to a good friend of mine about meeting up for dinner, I asked: "Are you bringing the kid?" Immediately my wife burst out laughing. There was a short bout of silence and laughing on the other end of the phone. The kid? Not her or him. But IT.

Here's the thing. I asked for a valid reason. I didn't want to pick someplace to eat that a kid couldn't go to. And I've never met this particular kid, so I'm not certain what it can handle. So I felt like it was a valid question, even if worded awkwardly.

Plus, I don't know what those things eat. And I felt like I needed to pick a place in a good neighborhood so nobody stole it while it was in the car while we were inside eating.

I am going to apologize in advance for accidentally stepping on the kid at dinner tonight.

No comments: