Sunday, July 18, 2010

The $10 movie rental

Yeah, I don't have Netflix. So last night I downloaded the HD version of "Avatar" on PS3 to watch. So I pay the $5.99, which I wouldn't normally do, but I figured the $2 extra was worth it on this movie. So I pay for it, and go to download it, and my PS3 informs me that there isn't enough hard drive space. To show how little I know, it turns out that an HD movie takes up somewhere in the neighborhood of 40GB of space, while standard definition takes up something like 15GB. And I have a 20GB PS3. It was nice of them to charge me first before they informed me that I was an idiot. Fuck me. Now, I had to either pay another $4 for the standard version, or not watch a movie. I paid the money. It was still like $20 cheaper than going to the theater I guess. The movie was alright. Not awful. I probably wouldn't watch it again or anything unless it was on TV. The moral of the story is that I'm kind of dumb.

Oh, and fuck Bobby Cox. If I were Jason Hayward, I would go to the plate with body armor on today.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

screw netflix...redbox...genius invention...