Friday, May 1, 2009

Semi-Daily Brew Crew Hangover #12

The Brewers are on goddamn fire right now. Freaking Jeff Suppan was one bad pitch away from seven shutout innings. Other than Parra, the starting pitching has been pretty stellar. The bullpen has been basically unhittable since Hoffman showed up. Rickie Weeks is going to be the first player to hit .250 but bat .475 with RISP, and drive in 48 game winning RBIs. He is sort of the anti-Fielder right now (almost said Braun but my man-love for him runs too deep.). Speaking of Braun, did anyone see the ad for the win 12 tickets to Ryan Braun's private suite, with an appearance from Ryan Braun? The first thing that came to my mind was that he had the right to fuck anything that entered his "private suite". I probably need some help. Does anybody really have the feeling that this team isn't at least as good as last year?

I will be there on Saturday for my initial sojourn to Miller Park. Going to some tailgate thing with some of my wife's friends. $35 got us a ticket a T-shirt, beer, food, entry into a beer pong tournament and a bus ride from some bar to the game and back. I plan to be blacked out by the fourth inning.

It was a pretty great time for sports right around 9:30 last night. At that time, the Brewers were putting their comeback on in the 7th, and Chicago-Boston was going into OT number 3 in their American professional basketball playoff game. Since there was something going on the DVR, I couldn't utilize picture in picture, so I had to do old school switching back and forth. My finger was getting numb and I'm pretty sure my wife passed out from an epileptic seizure. That was a fucking fantastic basketball game. Very few NBA games do it for me, but that one did. Especially since Boston lost. I fucking hate Boston. It occurred to me as the game was happening how far off the radar the NBA really is in the Juice household. My wife is pretty literate about sports and she expressed surprise that Joakim Noah was playing, because nobody thought it would be good in the NBA. She asked me who was good on Chicago because she thought they sucked. And my response was: Derrick Rose, and umm..John Salmons. I'm not even sure I know who John Salmons is. I've heard of him because I play fantasy basketball and very casually follow the league. But if he walked into my office right now wearing a John Salmons jersey, I wouldn't have any clue who he was. Oh, and before she asked who the good players were, she saw Rose make a good play and said "Jalen Rose? He still plays?" So yeah, we don't watch much NBA. But it was a pretty cool hour last night.

2 comments:

Bear said...

Haha, Jon Stamos, what a dumb bastard, Rebecca Romijn is still insanely hot, I thought she would fall off eventually, but she has had some good plastic surgery or something

Also Salmons used to be in Sacramento and his relevance came from Kevin Martin getting hurt like 2 or 3 years ago.

I don't know if Noah is any good, but he definitely plays a lot and is starting to get the ball on offense. Me and Loaf watched a random Bulls game one Saturday back in like December or January and it felt like the whole Bulls team was playing keep away from Noah on offense, he would be wide open and they'd refuse to pass it to him, it was hilarious

The Sports Bottle said...

I'm rooting for the Celtics simply because I hate Noah so much.

You forgot to mention the great NHL Playoff game that was also going on at that time. Vancouver was leading 3-0 going into the 3rd period. Three unanswered goals by the Blackhawks only to have the Canucks score with 90 seconds remaining. Great shit.