Wednesday, May 6, 2009

My Sincerest Apologies

I know I've said at least five other times that I wasn't going to discuss this anymore, but why fight it? It is something that I have an opinion about that I feel is an insightful one in that I probably spend somewhere between 25 and 98% of every single day thinking about the Green Bay Packers. This issue affects the Green Bay Packers. Also, I feel that the tide of opinion has sufficiently been turned within the two people in this blog audience that this won't turn into a he said he said bitch fest. I truly believe that what may be about to happen would leave any Packer fan to have only one thought. And although I sort of thought that last year too, this year is a whole shitload different. So I am treating this more of a get together to get some things off my chest and to allow anyone else that cares to agree with me. Maybe all this shit that is coming out is untrue, and He will either go away, or sign a one-day deal with Green Bay and retire. Alot of this has to play out yet, so this is an obvious overreaction. But if we are being realistic here, I think we all know where this is going. I am trying to separate this in to semi-coherent sections:

1) He doesn't give a fuck about His legacy with the Green Bay Packers and he is a terrible human being.

This is obvious, and cannot be argued. Scott or Bonita or Deanna or Britney Favre or Bus Cook or whoever the fuck is leaking his shit these days has said that the only reason he wants to come back is to "stick it to the Packers." Which means that unequivocally he is a fucking asshole. And if he thinks that ANYONE in Green Bay would cheer for him if he shows up to Lambeau in a Viking uniform, he is a bigger moron that I've been giving him credit for.

An argument could be made that the Packers didn't handle their shit very well last year, and as a result, many fans were pissed. But the Packers had nothing to do with this possible shitstorm. He is intentionally trying to go to an rival.

2) He is not that good any more.

Two years ago, yeah, he was great. Last year? He threw like 20 INTs. He threw like 50% of his TD passes for the season in one game. He led his team to a losing record.

3) He is quite possibly injured.

4) He will be FORTY.

5) This signing would not make the Viqueens a Super Bowl contender.

I guess part of me should be rooting for this to happen, because it would wreck another year of Adrian Peterson's prime. Not that Treoiouarvarious Jackson is not terrible, or Rosemary Sagenfels is not average at best, but how does this make the Viqueens a title contender for the 12th straight year? Is He really a step up from Gus? Did they improve at all on defense? Other than the 5' 2" pothead they drafted from the WR goldmine that is Florida, did they gain any receivers? I've got some news for Viqueen fan. Even with A-Peter, your offense is NOT much better than the Jets was last year. Jones/Washington was a good backfield, Coles/Cotchery/Keller is better than the Viqueens receiving core. The Jets had at least as good of an offensive line. He is no longer capable of putting a team on his back, which is what the Queens would need him to do, because they have no receivers.

Beyond all that, Brad Childress is quite possibly the worst coach in the NFL, and He will be allowed to ignore A-Peter and wing it up 45 times a game.

Is Minnesota a division contender no matter who is at QB? I think so. But adding that prick and a few more picks to the locker room isn't going to make them that much better.

6) When will the media stop sucking his dick?

He is outright lying to everyone. He unequivocally told Trent Dilfer NO when asked if he was thinking of coming back. And like two hours later, Scott or Bonita or Deanna or the ghost of Irv was leaking a story that he was meeting with Childress. Not only is he fucking the fans that worshipped him for 16 years, but he is fucking the media that is partially responsible for all this shit in the first place. Nobody at ESPN is willing to stand up and say, "You know what? This is a total bitch move on His part, and I'm not going to dignify anything he or that fucking snake Bus Cook says until he is wearing a fucking Viking uniform or not. Because he has done nothing but lie to our faces through text messages for the last five years." Instead, you get all these bullshit excuses about what a competitor he is. Fuck that.

I feel a little better now. I predict today he will hold a press conference from his tractor that he is not coming back, and then he will sign with the Vikings five minutes later, and then tell Chris Mortensen that he is not coming back while attending mini-camp for the Vikings.

6 comments:

The Sports Bottle said...

Amen, brother. Amen.

Ricky said...

I could write a fricking book about this right now, but the bottom line is one thing. If he plays for the Vikings he will be giving a big F U to Packer fans. I will give a big F U back and hope he never steps foot in the state of WI ever again except for when he shows up wearing purple and we boo the shit out of him. In my mind he should not have anything to do with the Pack ever again. Seriously, this makes me sick to think about, yet I cannot stop thinking about it. Ahhhhhh!!!

Seymour said...

Someone on facebook tried to compare this to Jordan coming back twice!!!!! then said something like rubbing it in TT's face and was all happy about it, If Juice played for the Queens I still couldnt like them or wear a purple jersey

Schmock40 said...

I hope he goes to the Vikings. This should give the Packers two wins. Finally Favres clutch interceptions will actually favor the Packers for a change.

Ricky said...

To make this worse, I have live in f'ing Minnesota. I might sell my house and move to Hudson.

Bear said...

Don't bother Ricky, you'll still be in the Twin Cities broadcasting area